Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I'm Engaged!!

Oh my goodness!!! I'm engaged!!! On January 17th, the most amazing man in the whole wide world proposed and I cannot wait to spend my life with him! Yikes!!! So happy. 

Okay so here's the story.

On the beginning of this day, my mom, sister and dad were headed down to phoenix to do some errands. Well, we had some time, so my mom and sisters went to this bridal boutique to just peek at some dresses. Well one thing led to another, and soon enough I had 10 wedding dresses in my dressing room. It made me so so happy but it just didn't seem real...since, well, pathetically, I wasn't even engaged yet. But it was still so much fun trying on the beautiful gowns, daydreaming of wearing one on my wedding day. Time flew by and by the time we were all finished there, it was around 2 o'clock. 

After this my sister Allie thought it would be a good idea to do a fun "Valentines Day" photo shoot up near Squaw Peak. My family does fun shoots like this all the time, so I didn't think anything of it. I totally didn't really want to do it because at that time we hadn't eaten since 7 that morning, I had a headache and I was just kinda cranky. But we headed up to Squaw Peak anyways and got ready for some photos. When we got there, I was expecting to jump out of the car and go just at the base of the mountain for the photos. But to my dismay, my sisters just started trekking up the mountain. And may I add, I'm in a long tight dress with heels. We all were wearing heels. What the heck?! But I have done some crazy things for the cost of a cool photo, so eh, I understood. Well a several yards turned into hundreds. They just kept on going up the mountain. At that point, I lost it. I had taken my shoes off cause I didn't want to ruin them, I was complaining at the speed of a train. It was bad. It was getting comical. But my mom turned to me and squeezed my arm and said, "You will get up this mountain" in a super fierce voice. I thought, "gosh, okay, geez."

So after hiking up the peak in my dress and bare feet (I totally felt like Frodo Baggins), we reach the top, and my mom and sisters peel away from me. I look up and see a sheet of rose petals delicately arranged around a stone bench that had a blanket, picnic basket, champagne, and dozens of red roses. I then figure out what the whole purpose of this hike was! My heart melted! Then Brennan came out and walked over to me and held me. I started crying. I was so emotional! He held me. I was so so happy. Then he got down on one knee, said the most sweetest things and asked me to marry him. It was perfect. 

The rest is history :). 

After hiking back down the mountain, we went to The Henry where his whole family (whom had flown in from California earlier that day) and my family were waiting there for us to celebrate. Such an amazing amazing night, my favorite night I've ever had. The day after, of course, my mom through an engagement party, which was so so fun and exciting. I am so blessed :).











xo
Emily



10 comments:

  1. Congrats girl, that is so exciting! That ring is beautiful!!

    Xo Ash,
    Sincerely Miss Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That is such a beautiful and slightly comical tale :) Definitely had me a little teary eyed. Congrats babe!!

    xx
    MacK @ SoulMakes | Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I love your dress too!

    Xo,
    Rachel Ashley
    http://fashionablyliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS! Your ring is rockin'! I love it. Enjoy this time of wedding planning, it's such a fun time of life :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You both look so lovely together! Congrats, I love the ring!

    Amanda | feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! This sounds super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats! you guys are just so sweet together <3


    Love,
    Pudding Monster

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! does anyone know who makes this maxi dress and the shoes?? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl! Here are The Shoes (Free People. And the dress is from Urban Outfitters. Hope this helps! Sorry I couldn't find the link for the dress! xo

      Delete
  9. Congratulations Emily! That is a very lovely ring. Wow! Brennan really went all out on that proposal. I’m sure the moment was the most perfect moment for you guys. So when is the wedding? How far along are you now with the preparations? I’m sure you’re very excited. And can I just say that you guys look so cute together? Best wishes! :D

    Stephen Young @ Pixcellence

    ReplyDelete

Hi sweet reader! Please share a your thoughts, questions, or comments. I love hearing from you! Makes my day!

344924_we love discounts