Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Caramel Filled Muffins

 When first glancing at these muffins, you may think they are just your ordinary chocolate chip muffins...but no... bite after biting into one of these chocolate chip soft and chewy muffins, you find a little surprise of ooey gooey carmel candy goodness in the middle. The dense and cakey texture of the muffin is perfectly paired with the warm and chewy caramel texture that waits for you in the middle. 

Okay funny story. A little fact about me. I'm obsessed with the cooking channel. I can watch cooking shows all day. Bobby Flay is my fav. And Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives...I mean come on. That show is awesome. Well, I also watch The Next Food Network Star and my family has been teasing me every time I cook, telling me to describe my dish to them as if I am competing on the show. I feel so dumb but deep down I feel so cool, like Bobby. So if in my descriptions I start to sound like a complete pro or Food Authority as Alton Brown would say...it's okay, cause I totally am ;). haha just kidding, but seriously I wish.





Ingredients: 

3/4 cup butter, softened

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1/4 cup white sugar

1 egg

2/1/2 tsp vanilla extract

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

2 tsp cornstarch

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup milk chocolate chips 

12 Ghiradelli Caramel squares

Instructions: 

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pan or deep dish cookie pan and set aside. (I used a muffin pan)

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, soda, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside. 

3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until creamy, about a minute. Beat in the egg and vanilla to combine.

4. Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating well after each addition. Once dough has come together, stir the chocolate chips in by hand with a wooden spoon.

5. Drop a Tablespoonful of dough into the bottom of each cavity. Gently press it to cover the bottom of each cavity. Top with an unwrapped square. Top the candy with an additional Tablespoonful of dough and gently press the top dough ball to cover and enclose the candy. After completed, muffin tin should be 3/4 full.

6. Bake the cookies for approx. 12-15 minutes or until the centers are set and the edges are golden and lightly crisped. After cooled for a few minutes, the muffins should come out nice and easily.

Recipe by the Domestic Rebel. Love her.

Hope everyone has a great day! 

xo


10 comments:

  1. This looks heavenly! Totally making this!

    XO,
    http://sororitygirlintherealworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks soooo tasty!!!! I dont think we have this kind of caramel here...

    Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin and GFC? Take a look into my blog and let me know!

    www.gwiyomistyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. @___@ *drools*

    www.thefabulousgeek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you hate me. Just certain of it. I don't have your beautiful figure or your metabolism so eating something like this is out of the question. But I'm drooling and lusting now. THANKS! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're funny! And so sweet! haha you should make them! You have a great figure and I'm sure your metabolism could handle it too ;) xo

      Delete
  5. Oh god seems so delicious!


    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can not wait to bake these treats and indulge!!
    Would you be so kind to tell me where I could purchase the white bohemian lace tablecloth dress you are wearing with the fabulous fringe Coachella bag? You wore it while modeling Ceek jewels.
    Thank you much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad you are going to make them! And hmmm I'm thinking of two dresses. Do you mind telling me the title of the post and then I'll let you know where I got it. I remember wearing a yellow dress with the Ceek Jewels...so I'm a little confused as to which dress you are talking about. But just let me know the title and I'll get you the info my dear :) xo

      Delete

Hi sweet reader! Please share a your thoughts, questions, or comments. I love hearing from you! Makes my day!

344924_we love discounts