Wednesday, June 19, 2013

German Chocolate Cake

Any German Chocolate Cake Lovers? I must say I am. I can never have the actual cake part because I'm gluten intolerant but I mean everyone knows that the frosting is the best part of a German Chocolate Cake. I now always make extra frosting just for me to eat with a spoon. Pass no judgement please. It's the best frosting ever, especially if you are a coconut lover. But I am told by my family and friends that the cake part is equally as decadent and delicious as the frosting! Plus I can tell because at the end of the night there was no evidence left on the cake plate...except for maybe a few crumbs. 

Read below for complete recipe and instructions:




German Chocolate Cake: 

1 Box of Chocolate Cake Mix

1 small box instant milk Choc. Pudding mix

4 eggs

1 cup sour cream *OR* if you're out of sour cream like I was out of today, use 1/2 cup buttermilk and 1/2 cup Fage Greek Yogurt

1 cup oil

1/2 cup warm water

1 1/2 cup chocolate chips

11/2 teaspoons vanilla

Instructions for the Cake: 

Mix all but chocolate chips in bowl and beat on medium for 4 min. 

Stir in the chocolate chips gently.

Pour in greased bundt pan 

Bake for 50 min at 350 degrees

Let cool for 20 min before pouring the frosting on top.

Frosting: 

1 cup evap. milk

1 cup sugar

3 slightly beaten egg yolk

1/2 cup butter

 2 tea. vanilla

Instructions for the Frosting: 

Cook on Med-Low Heat

Stir constantly until thick, about 12 min. 

Remove from heat

Then take a knife and cut slits in the cake, you can even take a bit of cake out to make bigger hole in the cake. Then pour some of the mixture into those slits. That way the wet frosting will soak into the cake, making it deliciously moist.

With most of the remainder of the frosting, put in and combine: 

2 cup coconut

1 cup chopped pecans

Then with the completed frosting mixture pour on top of the cake.

That's it! Tell me how yours turns out! 

xo


Pinterest  //  Instagram  //  Facebook  //  Bloglovin


2 comments:

Hi sweet reader! Please share a your thoughts, questions, or comments. I love hearing from you! Makes my day!

344924_we love discounts