Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Lemon Bar Anyone?

Good morning everyone! My mom made me these gluten-free lemon bars and I had to share them with you. I'm obsessed. They are the best things ever. These tart, sweet, and pretty are perfect for a summer treat! Normally I don't like tart tasting desserts, I'm more of a chocolate girl, but these are up there with my favorite chocolate dessert. So here is the recipe:

For the crust:
2 cubes butter
2 cups gluten-free flour (We used Cup For Cup)
Pinch of Salt
1/2 cup sugar

mix and form into a ball and spread it on the bottom of a 9*13 inch pan. 
then chill it...just make sure it's cool. 
then bake it. 350 degrees F for 15-20 min.
cool it again. let it set. THIS IS KEY for gluten free. 

For the filler:
1 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tbl lemon zest (from 5-6 lemons)
2 1/2 cups sugar
6 large eggs
1 cup flour (Cup for Cup)

mix it together and pour on top of cooled crust
then bake again at 350 degrees F for  30-35 minutes. 

cool. dust with powdered sugar. 

then enjoy! I topped these with a fresh raspberry. 

P.s. (our family likes them frozen best)  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi sweet reader! Please share a your thoughts, questions, or comments. I love hearing from you! Makes my day!

344924_we love discounts